Xbox One Beta Update 1404 Released – SOURCE
What to expect in this update preview
For those of you that participated in last month’s (1403) Xbox One Beta update preview, this preview wave will be a little different:
- The 1404 update preview will run a bit longer than the 1403 preview. As a result, not all of the features listed below will be available in the first 1404 update. Some features will be enabled in 1404 updates that are rolled out later in the preview.
- Some of the features listed below will be enabled outside of a console update. Keep an eye on the forums for announcements and information on when new features are made available.
What’s new in this release?
- Game and app saves and updates. A game save progress bar will show you the status of your game saves. You will also be able to easily tell what games and apps are being updated or have been updated recently.
- Friends improvements. Notifications will be added to see when favorites and friends sign in to Xbox Live. This actually was one of the most frequently requested features from the first preview wave and we made it a priority to include it in the April update. Also, friends who are in multiplayer will be identified in the friends list. We’ll also add the ability to view friends’ most popular apps.
- Blu-ray 50 Hz video output support for content recorded at 50 Hz will resolve video playback issues some Xbox Live members in Europe are experiencing.
- Kinect voice and motion improvements will continue to fine tune the quality and reliability of Xbox One commands.
- Improved GameDVR video quality through compression algorithm improvements.
- Updates to Xbox One device management to address issues controlling TVs, set top boxes, and receivers that our customers have reported.
- New audio settings to tune how much volume is lowered when Kinect is used in communications.
So far after these updates I’ve noticed some slight improvements with the Kinect’s voice command and facial recognition. The recent update also improves the recent players list. However when I tried to play a game from the optical drive I get an 0x21 error disk unreadable. After calling MS support, I was instructed to clear the cache and so far it has seems to work. I will keep you guys posted when more updates rollout for better or worse.