NSA Opt Out for AT&T Customers!
AT&T is “anonymously” collecting your data. While there haven’t been reports that this data is going to the NSA, why not choose to opt out and try and keep your data private?
Here’s some of the information we collect:
- Account Information includes your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, service related details such as payment data, passwords, security codes, service history, and other information like that;
- Network Performance & Usage Information tells us how you use our network, our products, and our services, and how well our equipment and network is performing;
- Web Browsing & Wireless Application Information tells us about the websites you visit and the mobile applications you use on our network;
- Location Information tells us where your wireless device is located, as well as your ZIP-code and street address;
- U-verse Information tells us about which programs you watch and record, the games you play, the applications you use and similar information about how you use our U-verse services and applications.
To opt out, go to this page and log into your AT&T account. From there, click the “Check to Opt-out” boxes and you’re good to go. You can opt out for multiple wireless numbers at once. If you have U-verse or an AT&T landline, there should also be check boxes to opt out for these accounts.
Good luck on this NSA opt out! Hopefully you can keep your information out of the NSA’s hands…at least for a little while longer. We’ll be trying to find more opt outs, including how to opt out of Verizon tracking your data. If you have any valuable resources or information, please share it in the comments section!