Drive Fast, Look Pretty. Forza 5 Does Both.
I’ve convinced myself to reserve Forza 5, even though I may not get the Xbox ONE at launch. So I share my list of why it’s a must have, for gamers and car enthusiasts like myself. Take a look at my list of reasons after the break!
5. Open Wheel Vehicles: Besides the obvious cars like the Ariel Atom, they announced Indy and Gran Prix cars to be included. Turn 10 has even partnered with Ron Howard and his latest film “Rush” so expect some tie-ins to be announced later this summer.
4. The Visuals: You don’t have to take my word for it, but this will be best looking racing game this year, maybe even overall. It’s a whole new level of detail, each track is like its own little world. Granted there are other next gen racing games, but most of them are open world. They’ll have every asset toned down just a bit, lacking the fidelity and detail fore it must all be on check due to its overall grandeur.
3. Forza Vista: Formerly “Auto Vista”, you can now take a deeper look in and out of every car. Not like the past select dozen or so cars from the previous game. It’s something I loved, and would show my friends who love to here the sultry voice of Jeremy “Jezza” Clarkson narrate their highlights. (NOTE the video is from Forza 4)
2. The Sound: It sounds amazing, thanks to a partnership with Skywalker Ranch. They have an orchestra that plays in the background, dynamically changing, in and out of the race. It’s like watching a Top Gear segment, escalating the sense of drama and emotion each time you race.
1. Top Gear: You may be asking “but what about tracks, cars, gameplay”? Well that’s all gravy beans, and those details will be released later this summer. But Top Gear is the icing on the monumental cake. Not only is Jezza back but he brought along his co-host, Richard “Hamster” Hammond and James “Captain Slow” May. Their involvement will be more than just voice-overs. They’ll be key figures on the structure and presentation of the gamers’ career.
And just for some kick, here’s some car porn footage, from buffed.de, from Turn 10s’ Forza 5 E3 event held earlier this week.