Talk Like a Pirate Day!
Arrrrgggh, it’s time to Talk Like a Pirate!
Today is September 19th, and that means it’s Talk Like a Pirate Day! Yes, this is a holiday where you can dress up, wear your best eye patch to work, and practice your pirate lingo. Freebies, lingo, and activities for the day after the jump!
First off, free Krispy Kremes! Krispy Kreme is giving a free original glazed doughnut if you talk like a pirate or wear and eye patch. If you go all-out Jack Sparrow and dress in full gear, you get a whole dozen. This is only at participating locations, so be sure to check before adding your parrot and peg leg.
Need a pirate name? Head over to Disney Jr. and Captain Hook will help you Hook Yer Pirate Name in a cute little game. Well, at least it’s cute and pretty darn funny the first three times your kid plays it. After that, listening to Captain Hook give the same directions can get a little annoying.
Need some pirate lingo? Head over to the official International Talk Like a Pirate Day site to find your missing piece of pirate vocabulary. My favorite part of the site….
Top Ten Pickup Lines for the Lady Pirates
10. What are YOU doing here?
9. Is that a belayin’ pin in yer britches, or are ye … (this one is never completed)
8. Come show me how ye bury yer treasure, lad!
7. So, tell me, why do they call ye, “Cap’n Feathersword?”
6. That’s quite a cutlass ye got thar, what ye need is a good scabbard!
5. Aye, I guarantee ye, I’ve had a twenty percent decrease in me “lice ratio!”
4. I’ve crushed seventeen men’s skulls between me thighs!
3. C’mon, lad, shiver me timbers!
2. RAMMING SPEED!
…and the number one Female Pirate Pick-up Line:
1. You. Pants Off. Now!
Additionally, you can find pirate gear, games, activities for the kids, a map of people celebrating the day, and a lot more cheap entertainment on their site.
Hope you enjoy celebrating the tenth anniversary of International Talk Like a Pirate Day! I’ll be wearing my arrrrgyle socks and enjoying every minute of silliness!